Monday, December 30, 2013

The Most Moist Coconut Cake Ever!



 
Not to mention delicious!


Even though I like coconut, I have very few times been happy with the taste of a coconut cake. I then decided to do something about it and started experimenting (giggles) I came up with this recipe and hope you really like it as much as I do and my loved ones.

The best part about this cake is that it is moist just as I mentioned on the title. It is delicious!

Note: Please remember that you can use which ever of your choice. The ones I post are just samples but you can use everything "light" "fat free" "organic" and make these recipes your own.

As you can see I made my mini cakes in ramekins for individual servings and I have no frosting but I have made it on a pan with and with out frosting. Ideas at the end.

Ingredients for Cake Mix
 
4 Eggs
 
1 1/2 Cups of Coconut Milk
 
1 cup of Sugar ( I use 1 1/2 because I like it sweet but if you want it subtle use 1 cup)
 
1/8 tsp of Salt or 1 pinch
 
1 cup of melted Butter
 
2 cups of All purpose flour
 
4 tsps. of Baking Powder
 
1 cup of Coconut Flakes (optional)
 
maraschino cherries (optional)



 Mix in a bowl or mixing bowl
 
4 eggs

 
 
1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
 
 
 
1 cup of melted butter
 
 
 
2 tsp of vanilla
 
(this vanilla that I use is the closet I have ever tasted to real vanilla beans it is amazing! I use both lol)

 
 
2 cups of flour
 
 
 
4 tsp of baking powder


 
 
1 cup of sugar for semi sweet and 1 1/2 cups of sugar for sweet
(I use 1 1/2 cups because it is just the right amount of sweet not over whelming)


 
 
1 pinch of salt or 1/8 tsp of salt


 
Once everything is mixed well you will notice that the mix is a bit runny. That is just right!
That is the reason why the cake will be so airy and moist. Just what we want!
 
If yours for some reason looks a bit dry add 1 more egg and mix again.
 
Now let's add the flakes with a spatula or spoon. We do not want to break down the coconut flakes.
 
 
 
1 cup of flakes for a "normal" amount of flakes
or
1 1/2 a cup for minimum amount of flakes
 
Honestly, almost never use the flakes because the coconut milk gives it the perfect touch of coconut flavor. You don't even miss them.

 
 
Time to bake it!
 
Put it in buttered pan or ceramic.  I used small ramekins this time and the cooking time took half the time ;)
 
 
350 degrees check in 20 minutes if in small ramekin's or in 30 if in a pan
 
Once it is starting to cook up and the center is still "wet" You can add maraschino cherries in the center as in my picture.
 
 
 
Once golden check the cake or cakes with a fork or toothpick in the center.
Once it comes out clean it is done!
 
You can frost them or frost them and cover them with coconut flakes.
 
Or even eat it just like that!

 
Enjoy!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor's