Monday, April 1, 2013

No More Tasteless Salmon!



Am I the only one that finds it very hard to find a place where Salmon actually has flavor? Or that it isn't so dry?
 
If your answer is "No!" then you came to the right place. I will share with you a quick but flavorful way to cook a delicious Salmon meal with easy steps to follow.

Of course, this is the way that works for me and you can add your own personality to every recipe I post. Enjoy your time in the kitchen  creating every meal. This is only one way that I make my Salmon I will post more ways very soon.
 
 
Recipe Step by Step
 

First make sure you have washed your salmon.
 
 
In a low heat pan add 2 tbs of butter
 
 


Add 1 tbsp. of Sofrito

Diced Cilantro
Garlic (diced, crushed, paste) which ever you like! 1 tbs

 
STIR!
 

Season your salmon with salt & pepper  or with Adobo Goya
I use Adobo Goya ;)
 
I do add sometimes a little bit of color with Sazon Goya (just one)Optional.
 
YES, you can add Heat if you like, why not? I don't, but it doesn't mean that  you can't.

 
 
Now place your salmon on the pan and let them absorb the flavors on one side for about 2 to 3 minutes then do the same on the other side.
 
Now add 1/2 of water to the pan
 
Let is boil for about 5 minutes and then turn. Do not turn anymore until I mention it later on or else your Salmon will break and it won' t look presentable.
Now your going to wait for the water to evaporate. Yes, evaporate!
 
Once that happens you will notice that the butter added in the beginning is still there lol
It will start to Sir fry your salmon making it nice and golden on the outside but the water (which is now evaporated) made it juicy in the inside!
 
Very carefully get a spatula and turn your salmon so that the other side may turn golden as well.
 
This is MY personal picture of how my Salmon looks.
 
I made it with a Spanish side called mangu and red onions.
I can post that recipe in a near future.

 
 
My husband has me doing this plate all the time and is always comparing at restaurants.
 
You might want to buy enough because people including yourself, will go for seconds!
 
It is that GOOD!
 
You can make any side you would like.
 
Salad..
 
Mash Potatoes with Bacon and Melted Cheese!

 
Rice & Beans

 
Steamed vegetables


What ever you like!
Enjoy your meal and feel free to ask any questions!

 

 

 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Visitor's